After two years of inventory and planning, map signage at the Hinton Bike Park and on the Happy Creek System trails have been refreshed! This important project had many phases, including:
- GPSing existing and new locations (usually major intersections),
- fine tuning our trails database,
- acquiring more recent background imagery (2014),
- putting the maps together (digitally) - over 100hrs volunteer time!
- working with local printer (a1 Signs) to get signs created,
- gluing directional signage onto plywood (Thank you RBC!),
- putting up the signs where they need to go and trying not to forget the "You Are Here" dots! - over 30 hours of volunteer time.
In total, over 200 volunteers hours and community support via donations made to HMBA have made this project possible.
Six staff members from Hinton's RBC Branch came out on June 8th to volunteer their time. They helped with staining and gluing at the Hinton Bike Park.
The final phase: getting the signs out there
A special thanks to all the volunteers who have helped getting the signs out on the trails!
Thank you Bike Boy!
The handy bike trailer has seen a lot of mileage in June! A special thank you to Bike Boy who had donated the trailer to HMBA over 5 years ago.
BACK TO TOP