Work Bee Report
The day went really well - counting all the little kids, we had 25 volunteers. Members from the following families all chipped in today: Guthrie, Pratt, Trahan, Kadatz, McVey, Cherry, Myles, Beauchamp, Harper/Heir and a few other young folks. THANK YOU!!!
We won't kid you, it was a ton of work! We only took about a 40 minute lunch break and worked 10 am to about 3:30 pm. Not much standing around. And if you look at it, you can hardly tell we were there. We all realize there is still so much to do to bring the park up to the level we want, especially in Flow Master, but we had a good start today. One of the best things is the realization by everyone there of the work needed and the effort involved. Those attending will spread the word and help again themselves. Mike drove his skid steer until the dirt was gone, which was an incredible help - wheelbarrows would not have cut it.
Lots of BIG THANKS to give at the Bike Park Maintenance day today:
- Dallas Lambe and Motion Canada for the donation of 10 Silky trail saws and 4 Mcleod Tools!
- Mike Langford and AFD Petroleum for the use of the skid steer and expert operating services!
- Boston Pizza for donating 7 pizzas for our hungry volunteers!
- Bill and Maureen for their major contributions to the Park this year, coordinating the new solar security light at the parking lot this week and a super secret, super exciting trail maintenance tool to be announced soon.
- All the volunteers who sacrificed a beautiful weekend day to come out and make the Hinton Bike Park safer and more enjoyable to others!
BACK TO TOP