The Hinton Growler is a fat bike endurance race presented by the Hinton Mountain Bike Association. It is a family friendly event during the Town of Hinton's Winter Magic Festival in February.
February 10, 2018
SECOND Annual Hinton Growler Fat Bike Endurance Race!
Every February, Hintonites join together to create something amazing. Town Divisions, local nonprofits, teams, organizations, businesses; they all contribute and host events to contribute to the overall festival. Two weeks of winter activities, ranging from winter sports through cultural pursuits, break up the monotony of the cold weather and bring together residents and visitors alike to revel in the winter wonderland.
Winter Magic 2018 runs from February 10-25. You can find a calendar of events, or download our pdf here!
Hinton Growler Fatbike Race Events
Helmets are mandatory for all Hinton Mountain Bike Association events and programs.
Location: Maxwell Lake ( Hinton,AB)
Date: February 10, 2018
Time: 10:30 AM to 5:00 PM
- 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM - Registration / Check-in
- 12:00 PM - Root Beer Race (Kids 12 & under)
- 12:30 PM - Racer Meeting
- 1:00 PM - Mass Start (Growler & Howler)
- 2:30 PM - Howler Category Ends
- 4:00 PM - Growler Category Ends
- 4:30 PM - Awards (Howler & Growler)
$20 for HMBA members
$25 for non-members
Kids 12 and under are free!
How to Register:
- All participants ages 13+ can register online. Online registration to be opened soon!
- Kids 12 and under register in person with a parent or guardian on the day of event.
- All minors (under 18) must have a parent or guardian sign their waivers on the day of the event.
Other event information:
- This is a FAT BIKE ONLY event (adult categories).
- Tires must be 3 inches wide or more and studs are permitted.
- Race course will be on groomed trails.
- Kids (12 and under) can ride regular bikes in the Root Beer category.
- Vicious cycle will have Norco and Specialized fatbikes for demos!
- Jay Hoots will be the MC for the event
THANK YOU TO ALL OUR Sponsors!!
Hinton Growler Event on facebook
If you are a facebook subscriber, be sure to like the event page and stay up to date with the latest information!