Through the sport of mountain biking young people will have the opportunity to develop the skills, values, and strategies that will guide them throughout their lives and enable them to successfully reach their full potential.
Sprockids in Hinton
Spring 2018 will mark the seventh season for the Hinton Sprockids program. We are stoked to continue this program in Hinton and look forward to seeing Hinton's bike culture grow with kids of all ages.
Please go to the Registration page for specific details on the dates, times and how to register.
What is Sprockids? Please read below and be sure to check out the main Sprockids web site for more info. www.sprockids.com
Any other questions? Please
Sprockids Mission Statement:
“Through the sport of mountain biking young people will have the opportunity to develop the skills, values, and strategies that will guide them throughout their lives and enable them to succeed in school and in life.”
Thank you to all our Hinton Spockids supporters!
Sprockids was originally developed in 1990 as ;a Self Esteem/Anger Management Program to help students succeed in school. Since then, Sprockids has evolved into a multi-faceted program engaging thousands of young people in the life long activity of mountain biking while teaching them the skills, values, and strategies to succeed in life. The program is now used in over 19 countries by teachers, coaches, cycling clubs, youth organizations, law enforcement agencies, and parents. The Sprockids Program was designed with input from; educators, national level coaches, trail builders, professional athletes, and program implementation consultants.
Sprockids is based on the following principles:
- A fun way to develop a taste for cycling through cycling games and activities that are facilitated by a competent rider.
- The needs of young people to seek strong sensations and to discover new ways to play, while developing personality.
- Recognition of achievements of individual skills and group participation through the Sprockids Passport of Accomplishment.
Sprockids program teaches:
- How to mountain bike – 55 skills over 4 program levels
- How to maintain your bike
- Environmental stewardship
- Trail safety and trail building