Monday Ladies Ride
Need To Know
- When: Every Monday
- season usually starts in May (weather dependent) and can go up to early October (weather dependent)
- please check the event calendar to add dates to your calendar
- Time: Meet at 6:45pm and be ready to ride for 7:00pm (Rides start earlier in September - check calendar!)
- Where: Bike Park Parking Lot
- Who: Ladies of all skill levels welcome (sorry NO Boys allowed)
- Why: This is just for the Ladies to go for a ride together and help each other become better riders with No Boys allowed, so go have some fun. (also feel free to also come to out on Wednesday Nights)
Note to all our lady riders:
Don't let your self-consciousness rule your love of riding! So what if you aren't the most serious rider, neither are all of us! And so what if you may have to walk your bike up the hills for the 1st few weeks, the important thing is that you come out and take time to do something you love! See you out there Ladies!
- You will get the most out of your experiences by making sure your bike fits you and is in good working condition. There are several bike shops & bike mechanics in our region that can help you out.
- Know your bike: modulating brakes, changing gears, correct seat height - all these are important to be comfortable with before hitting the local trails!
- Practice, practice, practice! Get out on your bike and often! Even if it's just around the neighborhood or local town trails. The more you ride, the more you get to improve!
- Refrain from riding when it's too wet and don't ride around muddy sections as it widens the trail.
- Please come out for maintenance when you are able (Check Events Calendar regularly for Upcoming Maintenance Dates).
- Feel free to organize the ladies or group ride when a regular ride lead is not there. The HMBA is looking for Ride Lead Volunteers - please let us know if you are interested!
*Helmets are mandatory for all Hinton Mountain Bike Association events and programs.
Let us know if you would like to leave a testimonial about the Monday Ladies Ride!