- Am I an HMBA member?
- Do I love riding my bike in Hinton's backyard playground?
- Do I have some great ideas on how we can sustain what we currently have and grow? Make it even better? (we all do!!)
- Am I comfortable talking to town and industry representatives who are already great supporters of HMBA?
- Am I ready to be part of a great team?
If you are answering YES to these questions, then please consider this opportunity!! HMBA needs you!
Break down the negative thoughts that may be going through your mind!
- "I don't have the time." We hear you! The current Board also have many other life commitments. But with no Board, there is no HMBA and that would not be good. The Board meets about 10 times a year, plus the AGM in April. Depending on which projects we have going on, that determines the amount of involvement needed. Some Board members spend their time in areas where they are most interested.
- "I don't know how much I can contribute." Once you get to know how the Board runs and what we actually do, you will surely find plenty of ways to make your contributions. It really doesn't take much - and the first, the most important step, is just being INVOLVED.
- "I don't want to spend my time fundraising." Unless we are working on a big project (that has to be voted in by the majority), we are not spending our time fundraising. Really, we're not! HMBA has A LOT of great community and business support. Plus, we are a team - we work together on this!
If you have any other questions or concerns - please TALK TO US! You can email us at infoATbikehintonDOTcom or catch us on the trails! Julie is usually on the Ladies Monday Rides, Maureen and Bill are often out at the Hinton Bike Park, Brayden loves riding gravity and Kevin keeps an eye on the trails (usually riding, but not for a little while, due to injury) .